is a perfect time to celebrate Healthy Aging Month since it is time
when many people think about getting started on new tasks after the
summer. Drawing on the “back to school” urge embedded in everyone
from childhood, the observance month’s activities are designed to
encourage people to rejuvenate and get going on positive measures
that can impact the areas of physical, social, financial and
mental wellness. Here are some tips to stay at your peak!
1. Get moving Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy body and brain.
2. Stay social Take a class, volunteer, play games, see old friends, and make new ones.
3. Bulk up Eat beans and other high-fiber foods for digestive and heart health.
4. Add some spice Add herbs and spices to your meals if medications dull your taste buds.
5. Stay balanced Practice yoga or tai chi to improve agility and prevent falls.
7. Sleep well Talk to a sleep specialist if you don’t sleep soundly through the night.
8. Beat the blues If you’ve been down for a while, see a doctor. Depression can be treated.
9. Don’t forget To aid your memory, make lists, follow routines, slow down, and organize.